blah di blah blog

wwjd - what would julie do? read my stream of consciousness to find out....

Thursday, July 27, 2006

let's go kick some box

I felt the need to share with you my latest obsession. So much so that I'm dedicating an entire blog entry to it. Although, if you know me, I'll probably stray onto other unrelated topics at some point, but first, let's get to it: kickboxing.
Have you ever experienced a workout "high"?!? I never thought that was for me and thought people who got off on working out were nuts. I would far rather spend an evening on the couch killing time with the tube than burning fat and sweating my (figurative) balls off in a stinky gym. I have had a pretty consistent workout regime since we returned from our trip and am overall happy with my level of committment to the gym, but it wasn't until I laced up those gloves (okay, they're actually velcro, but lacing makes me sound tough!) that I got excited about working out. This class is non-stop hardcore punching, jabbing, hooking and kicking action. I have never sweat so hard or worked so hard with exercise, unless of course you count the 5 times I participated in the "double time" action of billy blanks and his tae bo vids! For real though, punching a bag unleashes so much stress and aggression that you don't even notice the scowl on your face untnil you're done - and totally relaxed. Perhaps I'm confusing that feeling with the sensation of wanting to pass out, but regardless, it feels pretty damn good.
The last time I went I had a bag all to myself (usually you share with 1 or 2 people, giving you a rest between sequences/reps) and before i knew it, it felt like i had holes in my lungs and bloody knuckles! You just keep going and are so focused that you don't realize how much harder you're working.
So bring it on boys and girls!!! I'm a mean mean kickboxing machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home